Skip navigation

i got the temperature sensor i bought from sparkfun a while ago working today.  One site I found recommended a 2.2k resistor, but i found 8.8 worked better for me.  I found this by running the demo sketch in the library(in the arduino playground), and fiddling with a potentiometer.  When I got values roughly consistent with another thermometer, I measured the value of the pot’s resistance between the output and 5v(I did not connect ground, so it was not  acting as a voltage divider.  I then connected 7 resistors in series to match this, so a twisted pot wouldn’t corrupt my measurements. it is accurate(within a degree or two), and i hope to make it better.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: